A few important facts regarding smoke alarms and how important they are to have installed in your home or office:
- Three out of five home fire deaths result from fires in properties without working smoke alarms.
- More than one-third (38 percent) of home fire deaths result from fires in which no smoke alarms are present.
- The risk of dying in a home fire is cut in half in homes with working smoke alarms.
- Smoke alarms should be replaced every 10 years. Don’t wait, check the date!
- Test your alarms at least once a month by pushing the test button.
- Every bedroom in your home needs a smoke alarm. Half of the home fire deaths happen between 11pm and 7am, when most people are asleep.
Need help installing your smoke alarm?
We are available to assist you with your smoke alarm installation needs. Click here to contact us.
Need a free smoke dectector for your home or business?
Through a partnership with the American Red Cross, we have free smoke detectors for those who need them. Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.